Want to join a dynamic new organization focused on improving employment and employability outcomes for Quebec’s English-speaking community? If mobilizing a network of stakeholders and communications is your passion, apply today and help the Provincial Employment Roundtable (PERT) build its presence and influence. PERT is a nonprofit organization that seeks to address the employability issues faced by English-speaking Quebecers. Initially, a project of YES Montreal, PERT launched as its own organization in September 2020 and is currently scaling up its research and engagement activities.
Position Summary/What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Communications & Engagement Director, the successful candidate will support PERT's digital communications efforts and media strategy, as well as help to ensure the PERT’s visual identity is consistent across platforms in order to increase brand awareness.
Primary Responsibilities/What can you expect to do in this role?
- Coordinate’s with the Communications Director in the implementation of PERT’s communication strategies and ensuring goals and KPIs are met
- Implements social media campaigns, content calendars, maintain PERT's online content
- Supports the Communications Director in the development and management of media lists
- Ensures brand assets are consistent in all materials produced and throughout all platforms, press releases, public presentations, fact sheets.
Our ideal candidate has the following skills and experience:
- A university degree or equivalent experience in journalism, communications, public relations, political science, marketing or a related field;
- A high degree of digital literacy and knowledge
- Experience in coordinating social media channels and presences
- Bilingual with outstanding verbal and written communications, proofreading and editing skills in English and French, and the ability to convey messages through clear and concise writing;
- Experience implementing a visual identity and with various graphic design and photo editing software
- Energized to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to manage several priorities and meet tight deadlines;
- A self-starter who communicates diplomatically, and works well in a team environment
- Ability to work from home
PERT offers a culture where creativity, innovation, diversity, and inclusion are valued, encouraged and fostered.
- An inspiring mission working with a volunteer board intent on making an impact
- Remote work (necessary IT and office equipment will be provided) until the situation with the pandemic allows PERT to establish its Montreal office
- Possibility of working remotely from another region in Quebec than Montreal
- Once the situation with pandemic allows, working in-person will be required with the possibility of working from home
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and development opportunities
- 1-year contract
- Salary range: $45,000 to $50,000, commensurate with experience and skills
- Paid vacation
- Possibility of health and dental benefits
Application Process & Deadline
Please submit your application by June 15th, 2021 at 5 pm. Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.